Seven Steps to Learn to Think Like a Beauty Queen
A pageant contestant, who is serious about emerging as the beauty queen needs to acknowledge that looks and skills are not enough to win. The pageantry, like every competitive endeavor, should, therefore, be approached with a winning mentality. You need to have a positive mindset going into the pageant week, as this helps you in handling the stress and anxiety to be experienced. As a contestant, it is imperative that you go into the pageant seeing yourself as the beauty queen already. This can be achieved by thinking like one a long time before the pageantry. Here are seven steps to think like a beauty queen.
1) Appreciate Yourself: A beauty queen is her own number one fan. Appreciating yourself is very important as it helps you in your carriage and composure. This is a process which involves you as a beautiful lady taking time out to know yourself, your strengths and flaws, and being able to maximize this knowledge to your advantage on the big stage.
2) Good Communication Skills: A beauty queen is a public figure, and as a result, she is someone who is well versed, enjoyable and opinionated. A prospective beauty queen has to be an excellent orator who is capable of passing her message across pleasantly be it to the judges or a group of fans.
3) Create Respectable First Impressions: As an aspiring beauty queen, you need to understand that the first impressions you give off are long-lasting. There have to be an aura of grace and sophistication around you, typical of a champion.
4) Be Confident: A lot of beauty contestants allow the nervousness and tension which comes with the competition get them feeling jittery about their chances of winning. A beauty queen is confident at all times, even when faced with a daunting task.
5) Focus on Winning: Many a time, pageant contestants are carried away by trying to outdo their competitors, thereby failing to stand out as their own person. Yes, a beauty queen learns one or two things from others but she is entirely focused on herself and the staggering strengths she can leverage on to increase her chances of winning.
6) Make Decisions as a Role Model: A beauty queen is a role model, and a beauty contestant needs to fit into this role, long before the pageantry. Try living for more than yourself. Make admirable decisions that will have astounding impacts on your community. This pushes you to the level of a winner even while you are still contesting.
7) Dress like a Queen: Your dressing is an outward expression of your inner self. To be seen as a queen, you have to dress like one. Charm, elegance, and poise are attributes of royalty thus the least that is expected of a beauty queen is to be stunning at all times.
With the mindset of a pageant winner, you’ll be one step closer to winning your next pageant. Your mental preparation is huge when it comes to pageant readiness. Taking these steps to think like a winner will help you to feel like one when pageant week comes around. Go rock that stage, queens!